World Stroke Day 2018 - Short Video Contest for College Students
Rules and Regulations
About the Indian Stroke Association
The Indian Stroke Association is a leading scientific and professional organisation of stroke specialists of the country having more than 800 members in its fold. The Association has been working to improve the awareness about stroke, its early detection, and management not only amongst the medical profession but the public at large.
The Indian Stroke Association (ISA) works in collaboration with World Stroke Organisation (WSO), European Stroke Organisation (ESO) and Asia Pacific Stroke Organisation (APSO) to improve stroke care globally.
About the Contest
In connection with the World Stroke Day – 29 October – and as part of spreading awareness about stroke, its early detection, and management, the ISA is conducting a short video contest targeting the youth, college students in particular. The theme of this year’s World Stroke Day is ‘Support for Life After Stroke’.
The short video can be made in one of the following subjects
- Stroke – Symptoms and Early detection
- Lifestyle Factors and Stroke
- Life after Stroke
- Stroke and Survival
- Preventing Stroke
Who can apply?
- The contest is open to college students (Degree/Post Graduate) of all disciplines
- Both individuals and groups can participate
Rules and Regulations
- The films should be of a minimum duration of 30 seconds and a maximum of 1 minute
- The films should revolve around the suggested subjects and may be made in English or Hindi
- The films may be made in digital camera, camcorder, handycam and mobile camera
- The films should be the participant’s own work and not copied. It should not contain any third party materials and/or content that the participant does not have permission to use and violates any copyrights
- The film should not contain any nudity, pornographic or sexually explicit content. It should not contain any profanities and should not defame, misrepresent or make disparaging/threatening remarks about any person or company/organisation
- The decision of the judging panel will be final and binding. The jury will consist medical experts of repute
- All entries are liable to be used by the ISA for educational and training purposes besides dissemination through the media/social media without further consent from the participant
- Entries of not more 25 MB may be submitted as attachment in ‘.mov’/‘mpeg’/mp4 formats.
- A self-attested certificate/document showing proof of age (Election ID/AADHAAR/License), should accompany the entries.
- Only one entry will be allowed per individual/group. Multiple entries are not allowed
- Only the first 100 entries received on or before the deadline will be considered for evaluation.
The first 100 entries complete in all respects received on or before 6 pm on 20th October 2018 will be considered for evaluation.
The winners shall be announced in the official site of Indian Stroke Association www.stroke-india.org on or before the World Stroke Day after vetting by a Jury involving experts from the ISA.
Certificate and cash prize will be sent to the winners by post within 15 days of the announcement of the prizes; cash prize will be sent as a Demand Draft.
First Prize: Rs 5000
Second Prize: Rs 3000
Third Prize: Rs 1500
Popular Prize: Rs 2500
The Popular Prize will be given to the entry that gets the maximum Facebook likes. A Jury will vet all received entries and a shortlist will only be made available for the selection of the Popular Prize. The shortlist entries will be put up on the official Facebook page of the ISA on 24 October 2018. The number of entries to be made available for the Popular Prize will be at the discretion of the Jury.
How to Apply?
- Please read the rules and regulations carefully; by participating in the contest, it will be deemed that the contestant is aware of, and is willing to abide by the rules and regulations of the contest.
- Please submit entries of not more than 25 MB along with a self-attested document showing proof of age.
- Please note that only the first 100 entries received on or before the deadline will be considered for evaluation.